Melbourne home inspections are our speciality, and it’s important to check that everything is well in hand when you buy or sell your property.
You can even speed up your home sale by preparing your home ahead of time with one of the best handover inspections Melbourne has to offer. Here’s our handy checklist.
- Confirm that the water, electrical and gas services are turned on (including pilot lights).
- Make sure your pets won’t hinder your home inspection. Ideally, they should be removed from the premises or secured outside. Tell your agent about any pets at home.
- Replace burned-out light bulbs to avoid a “light is inoperable” report that may suggest an electrical problem.
- Test smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, and replace dead batteries.
- Clean or replace dirty HVAC air filters. They should fit securely.
- Remove stored items, debris and wood from the foundation. These may be cited as “conducive conditions” for termites.
- Remove items blocking access to HVAC equipment, electrical service panels, the water heater, attic and crawlspace.
- Unlock any locked areas that your home inspector must access, such as the attic door or hatch, the electrical service panel, the door to the basement, and any exterior gates.
- Trim tree limbs so that they’re at least 3 metres away from the roof. Trim any shrubs that are too close to the house as these can hide pests or hold moisture against the exterior.
- Repair or replace any broken or missing items, such as doorknobs, locks or latches, window panes or screens, gutters or downspouts, or chimney caps.
Checking these areas before your home inspection is an investment in selling your property. Your Independent Property Inspector ensures that your home is in great condition by getting a Home Inspection done. Full disclosure at this time is one of the best selling tools working for you.
Inside Out Property Inspections is an Independent Property Inspection company that does a few things differently.
- Our experience inspectors are both registered building practitioners
- We offer Tax Depreciation Schedules
- We service all suburbs across greater Melbourne and Geelong.